By Walter Hogan
In Animals in younger grownup Fiction, Walter Hogan examines a number of hundred novels and tales to discover the ways that animals are represented in those works. in more to delivering an historic survey, Hogan seems at either reasonable fiction and speculative works, together with delusion, supernatural, horror, and technology fiction. Hogan experiences tales that characteristic wild animal encounters, tales situated on relationships with horses, canines, and different operating and appearing animals, and people that includes relationships with pets. Drawing upon validated scholarship, this ebook examines human-animal relationships from a number of angles, making it a useful source for librarians, academics, and scholars of kid's and younger grownup literature.
Read Online or Download Animals in Young Adult Fiction (Scarecrow Studies in Young Adult Literature) PDF
Similar parenting literature guides books
This can be a comparative learn of Tolkien's serious interpretations in Anglo-Saxon literature together with his fictional construction of Middle-earth. The publication makes a speciality of Tolkien's observations at the previous English time period "ofermod" and its utilization within the conflict of Maldon Poem in addition to the social/ ethical contrast of the heroic knight in Sir Gawain and the fairway Knight.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Writing for children is enjoyable and rewarding--if you could holiday into the fiercely aggressive global of kid's booklet publishing. With this advisor, you will tips on how to write and advertise a kid's ebook that might provoke any writer. no matter if you've gotten a easy suggestion or a manuscript able to cross, you will discover all you must construct a profitable profession as a kid's booklet writer.
This anthology explores the habitual trope of the lifeless or absent mom in Western cultural productions. throughout old sessions and genres, this discussion has been hired to articulate and debate questions of politics and faith, social and cultural switch in addition to problems with strength and authority in the relatives.
- Technology and Identity in Young Adult Fiction: The Posthuman Subject (Critical Approaches to Children's Literature)
- Child Autonomy and Child Governance in Children's Literature: Where Children Rule (Children's Literature and Culture)
- The Crossover Novel: Contemporary Children's Fiction and Its Adult Readership (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Bounce Back!: Resiliency Strategies Through Children's Literature
- What's Black and White and Reid All Over?: Something Hilarious Happened at the Library
- Animality and Children's Literature and Film (Critical Approaches to Children's Literature)
Additional resources for Animals in Young Adult Fiction (Scarecrow Studies in Young Adult Literature)
Animals in Young Adult Fiction (Scarecrow Studies in Young Adult Literature) by Walter Hogan