By Karen Halttunen
- 30 essays discover the background of yankee tradition in any respect analytic levels
- Written via scholarly specialists well-versed within the questions and controversies that experience activated curiosity during this burgeoning field
- Part of the authoritative Blackwell partners to American historical past series
- Provides either a chronological and thematic strategy: subject matters variety from British the USA within the Eighteenth Century to the fashionable day globalization of yankee tradition; thematic techniques contain gender and sexuality and renowned culture
Read or Download A Companion to American Cultural History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best anthropology books
In 2006 the Grameen financial institution of Bangladesh gained the Nobel Peace Prize for its cutting edge microfinancing operations. This path-breaking examine of gender, grassroots globalization, and neoliberalism in Bangladesh appears seriously on the Grameen financial institution and 3 of the prime NGOs within the kingdom. Amid euphoria over the advantages of microfinance, Lamia Karim bargains a well timed and sobering point of view at the functional, and doubtless unsafe, realities for bad ladies inducted into microfinance operations.
This can be a reflexive account of an American girl and her family’s unpredictable trip in the course of the inner most and public worlds of a conventional Muslim urban within the means of swap. As a Western stranger in Marrakech, Fernea was once met with suspicion and hostility. the tale of the sluggish development of belief and recognition among the writer and her Moroccan friends consists of the reader in daily actions, weddings, funerals, and women’s rituals.
The place do our traditional understandings of future health, sickness, and the physique stem from? What makes them authoritative? How are the bounds set round those parts of lifestyles unsettled within the altering historic and political contexts of technology, expertise, and healthiness care supply? those questions are on the center of Troubling ordinary different types, a set of essays honouring the culture of Margaret Lock, one of many preeminent clinical anthropologists of our time.
Dieses Buch erläutert, wie Kulturmanager in über forty Ländern der Welt auf Globalisierung und Digitalisierung reagieren und wie sich Kulturinstitutionen zunehmend internationalisieren. Um diese Prozesse angehenden Kulturmanagern zu verdeutlichen und sie auf Tätigkeiten in internationalen und transkulturellen Kontexten vorzubereiten, ist ein Verständnis der wesentlichen Begrifflichkeiten und ein Überblick über die Aufgaben und die Herausforderungen, die Kulturmanager in ihrer täglichen Arbeit meistern, unabdingbar.
- The Azande and Related Peoples of the Anglo-Egyptian Sudan and Belgian Congo: East Central Africa Part IX: Volume 9
- The Work Ethic in Industrial America 1850-1920: Second Edition
- Social and Solidarity Economy: The World’s Economy with a Social Face (Routledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy)
- The Anthropology of Morality in Melanesia and Beyond (Anthropology and Cultural History in Asia and the Indo-Pacific)
- Being American in Europe, 1750–1860
- Mayas in Postwar Guatemala: Harvest of Violence Revisited (Contemporary American Indian Studies)
Extra info for A Companion to American Cultural History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to American Cultural History (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Karen Halttunen